cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of the contract?

django90
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I have seen muliple posts about Aerial Direct the 'trusted' business partners of 02 on this forum and online. Has anyone been able to sucessfully get out of their contract? I dont need to be told about the business ethics of this company, I have seen the previous posts and have been fooled for a while! 

Any advice please?

Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey thanks for all your help with this - 

I would advise that anyone readng this who has had issues to contact the same service I have - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/if-you-need-more-help-about-a-consumer-issu...

In cases such as this, the more people who report the better. Strength in numbers etc

Message 21 of 118

Pocockn
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Was just wondering what the outcome of this case was?

We're currently in the same posistion, tried to cancel within 48hours, they explained this wasnt an option and then offered a further 5% discount.

We are still within 14 days, however because it is a business contract apparently there is no cooling off period, however we're still not happy to continue with these.

Any advice on our options?

Thanks 

Message 22 of 118

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Talk to your solicitor is the best advice I can give you.
You're unlikely to win by yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 118

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A solicitor would be the best bet but maybe CAB can advise a cheaper option. Any help or advice @Martin-O2 @Marjo @EmilieT

Message 24 of 118

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @jonsie!

I'll drop you a Private Message here on the forum shortly @Pocockn to get some additional details and we can check on our end what the best next steps would be. slight_smile

Message 25 of 118

Pocockn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh Wow, a solicitor??
I'm shocked that O2 would associate themselves with a company like this!
Message 26 of 118

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@PococknHave you checked to see if you have a private message from @Marjo. Look at the little envelope icon top right hand side of your screen....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 118

Pocockn
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Great thank you, I've replied this morning, so hopefully will be able to get some advice.
Message 28 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi sorry, I submitted the original post on this over a year ago. I’m putting this down to a learning curve now as my contract runs out early next year. My last comment on this thread features a link of where to report this company. It’s my best advice, the form only takes a few minutes. I can re post if you like. Best of luck!
Message 29 of 118

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Nice to see you back on the community @django90slight_smile

Message 30 of 118