cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of the contract?

django90
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I have seen muliple posts about Aerial Direct the 'trusted' business partners of 02 on this forum and online. Has anyone been able to sucessfully get out of their contract? I dont need to be told about the business ethics of this company, I have seen the previous posts and have been fooled for a while! 

Any advice please?

Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks @MercedesS 

I emailed around 5 weeks ago requesting a copy of the call in which it was claimed that all regulatory info was provided over the phone in response to their orginal email. They said that they could offer another handset at this stage but they wouldnt budge on the contract length. 

Since then I have been ignored, I emailed again 2-3 weeks after this chasing them up and I still havent had a response, so much for "Unparalleled Customer Service with access to some of the best telecom solutions" as stated on their website. 

I see since I made my issues known that a few other people have had problems, as seen on social media and a few other sites.

So...what to do next?

Message 11 of 118

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You could try a complaint asking to get a copy of the recording. Resolver seems to get a satisfactory (and quick) outcome in most cases:
https://goo.gl/di2Guo
Just wanting to clarify a few things as well:
1-You mention a new deal in 2015, and that you were called this year. Did you actually agree to a new deal at this point?
2-Have you revisited Cit Advice since the last contact? What have they said re being misled or not being made aware of terms?
It might be worth going back and asking them about getting copies of the recording.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have considered going to Resolver yes, heard good things in the past 

In regards to your questions - 

1. Contact was made at the start of this year in March, they said that this new deal would be a discount on what I was paying, however as I had been with them for a while not realising that they were a seperate entity to 02 I said yes and didnt realise at the time. 

2. Citizens Advice informed me of my rights under the Consumer Protection Regs, however AD quickly claimed that all regulatory info was mentioned over the phone during a call review. Citizens Advice then said that I could try resolving via the ADR scheme, however they dont appear to be a member of this...

Judging by how the last few months, I am not getting my hopes up in regards to resolving this. Just a hard lesson learnt which will prevent this from happening again.

Message 13 of 118

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Ouch.

I would definitely consider it.

You could also try a subject access request (SAR) - more information here:

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/

You would need to submit in writing what you want (a copy of the call) when it was made/received (number, time and date). They then have 40 days to reply. All details on the link (not interesting reading, but useful). They may also say that there is a fee - usually £10, but no more than £50.

Oh, and Aerial Direct ARE on the ADR log on the Ofcom website! (Alphabetical listing here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/problems/adr-schemes)

Ultimately it depends on how far you are willing to push this.

If you want/need any more advice then post back, but also let us know how you get on so we can help others!

Edited to add - just read the first part of the Ofcom page - you need to go through complaints process first, to definitely try that.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj 

I must have missed their name on the ADR scheme. I have a few options to consider now on where to go which is what I was looking for, I havent yet decided if I am going to email AD once more as their silence is telling me all that I need to know. 

I will see how I get on and report back.

Thanks slight_smile

Message 15 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @django90, let me check what else we can do for you, ok? Keep the faith thumbsup

Thanks a lot @gmarkj for your help! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 16 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MercedesS yes thats fine and thanks once again @gmarkj

Message 17 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thank you @django90 for coming back and let us know!

And of course, thanks so much to the rest of the community members that helped you Handshake

We hope to see you around Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 18 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MercedesS

Is there anything that can be done from 02's end before trying to take this further?

Regards,

Message 19 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @django90,

I am sorry to see that you are still having problems with them. Unfortunately, you need to be dealing directly with them on this one. Since you have already raised a complaint to O2 and have been dealing with the Aerial managers directly too... not sure what else we could do for you disappointed_relieved

I will send you a private message with some info and fingers crossed thumbsup

Message 20 of 118