cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct - Has anyone managed to get out of the contract?

django90
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I have seen muliple posts about Aerial Direct the 'trusted' business partners of 02 on this forum and online. Has anyone been able to sucessfully get out of their contract? I dont need to be told about the business ethics of this company, I have seen the previous posts and have been fooled for a while! 

Any advice please?

Message 1 of 118
117 REPLIES 117

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Previous community managers have helped other customers.
Maybe @MercedesS can help you too?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 118

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @django90, welcome to the O2 community!

What’s your actual issue with them? That would be useful to know wink

I'll drop you a Private Message to get more info just in case there's something we can do to help out. 

Thanks @MI5 for flagging this! thumbsup 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 3 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My issue with them is a little more complex than the rest, they originally called me in 2012 ouf the blue...I was very skeptical at first but when they said that they were a partner of 02 and after checking this out. I was ok with it, claimed to be offering a better deal etc and I ended up agreeing to a deal etc and tbh I hadnt had any issues with them..took out another deal in 2015 for an iPhone 6....

...then we come to this year, I was called as I was up for renewal this year...said I wanted to upgrade to an iPhone7, but the salesman gave me the usual speil of a better deal and I ended up getting a £5 discount (guess you have heard this before right) this wasnt for an iPhone7 this was for an iPhone6 my existing handset. As they had been decent (or so I thought) so agreed over the phone. When I called about upgrading the tariffs and contract lengths were not good deals so I asked why I couldnt have one of the 2 year deals that 02 have on their website, I was told that I couldnt due to where I was in my contract stage. Looked back and found myslef in a 33 month contract and was stunned!!! Wanted to cancel immediately but was told I would need to pay over £1000....

Then I went digging and looked for reviews and other cases which led me here. Oh and yes, its a business contract and I am not a business the usual. I have had other minor issues this year too but they were sorted by 02. As I say, I never realised that this company had so many issues until this year.

I am more disappointed that anything that 02 would partner with a company who are misleading consumer into long, expensive deals...the only reason I didnt hang up in 2012 was because I believed them to be 02.

Little stuck here, want to get out of this contract...or have it reduced dramatically...any help:?

Message 4 of 118

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately I think you may need to take legal advice about this. The Citizens Advice Bureau would be a good place to start. You have very limited options with business contracts. This company is quite possibly the worst example of a trusted partner. What they do should be illegal if it isn't already. 

Message 5 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I have contracted Citizens Advice, they said I may have a claim but it would be up to me to prove that I was misled. I mentioned this in my complaint email too them and the company said that they reviewed the call and that I accepted all when called, admittedly I was a little foolish here in trusting the company and didnt really know what I was getting into...they have offered other resolutions apart from cancelling/shortening the contract but knowing what I know now...I dont want anymore ties to this company.

I logged an official complaint with 02 who just said the same thing...

After scrawling through this forum, online reviews, comments on twitter and countless other bad reviews, seems like I am not alone, but paying £1000+ to cancel a 'business' contract just seems absurd. 

Really suprised that a company on the scale of 02 would partner themselves with Aerial. As I say if they had never mentioned 02 in the orignal sales call I would never been in this situation. 

I hope other people see the comments and dont make the same mistake I did.

Message 6 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MercedesS yes a private message would be great!

Message 7 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Thanks for sharing your experience @django90! Waiting for your PM!

Hopefully we can all help you with this one thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 118

django90
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So...I emailed back requesting a copy of the call after they said all the regulatory info was stated over the phone..since then I have had no reply..emailed them back on Tuesday asking them to reply and stating how bad their customer service was that they have taken over two weeks to respond to my email and are now essentially ignoring me....still nothing.

They did offer to add another handset on at this stage in their orginal reply email said the contract length would not be altered...hmmm...

Message 9 of 118

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @django90

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you thumbsup

Message 10 of 118