Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aerial Direct Complaint Support

New-User
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was called by Aerial Direct and was led to believe they were o2. I renewed my o2 contract with them verbally. However, I do not believe I was informed that this would be a business account. I do not own a business and have always held a personal contact. I was not told that the LTE 6 Samsung watch could not be paired with a business account - which I have. I believe I have been mis sold and want out of the contract. I have called Aerial Direct and have been informed that I cannot speak with a manager without completing a complaints form. I have now done this. I have been told I need to pay thy the redemption fee. I want out and to be with o2, please help. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7975 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Aerial Direct are a supposed 'Trusted Partner' of O2 and they are undoubtedly to worse when it comes to this tactic. If you put Aerial into the search bar on here you can read other people's experiences.

As it is a business account try contacting O2 Business 

From your O2 mobile 8002 Free

From a landline 0800 977 7337 Free

From abroad +44 7860 980 202 Free†

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 19

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9345 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@New-User

I would also be inclined to lodge a complaint with O2 about your experience with Aerial Direct :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

As @Enlli has indicated, they are prone to this sort of tactic and I believe that it is important that O2 are clearly aware as to how they operate. 

Message 3 of 19

VWT25_Neil
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had exactly the same experience. I do not have a business and now i'm stuck with a business contract that I can't get out of.

Message 4 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94085 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Deals made via cold calls are never what they promise

Lies by omission from Aerial

Message 5 of 19

Oxonian
  • 9345 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@VWT25_Neil 

We've set out here how to complain. Another option that probably won't get you anywhere but might be worth a try is to 'phone your local trading standards and see if you can interest them in your situation. They might not be interested, but you never know !    

Message 6 of 19

Djsol20
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you have a signed contract with Ariel Direct. Chances are you probably don’t. 

Any provider that offers services to individuals, small businesses (with up to 10 employees) and not-for-profit organisations (where up to 10 individuals work, not including volunteers) must:

• have and comply with complaints procedures that meet certain minimum standards, as set out in the annex to General Condition C4 called ‘Ofcom approved complaints code of practice for customer service and complaints handling’; and
  • belong to an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) scheme, which customers can use free-of-charge.

For one, they aren’t signed up to an ADR and two all the info you need on a telecoms  contract can be found here:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0028/229852/ofcom-guidance-general-condition-c1-cont...

Message 7 of 19

Djsol20
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Don’t complain to O2 because you have no contractual relationship with them. Also Ariel Direct are not an O2 partner they are reselling O2 business contracts to consumers. If you have no signed contract with them get a PAC code and move away. It might tell you there an early termination fee but remember that fee will be charged from O2 to Ariel Direct. You cannot sell telecommunication products to consumer, micro or SMBs and non profits without a clear and concise contract that must be written in terms understandable to both parties. 

Message 8 of 19

Oxonian
  • 9345 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Djsol20 

This thread has been dormant since my post (above) of 1 November 2023. I assume that the original poster has now resolved his issue as he has not reverted to us in the interim to ask for more help.  

Message 9 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94085 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 10 of 19