Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Business Farce

Lee1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been with 02 personal since BT Cellnet give or take a year or 2 and there's been no issues at all, 3 months ago i decided to try 02 business for a second phone and i'm just finished with it, what should be a straight forward £48 bill with 100gb has been a living nightmare and nothings is ever right.

Month 1, I had chaos with my accounts as someone had set my business account up and merged it with my personal one, got that sorted or so i thought.

Month 2, I was over charged as my extra promo 50gb hadn't been added and i was charged for going over my initial 50gb, i should have 100gb in all. OK, got that sorted with the promise everything would now be fine, an now month 3, this has just happend.

Month 3, I was off for 2 weeks last month and my business phone wasn't even on in that time, I expected the agreed £48 direct debit, nope that would be normal, my invoice shows £79 and the direct debit tried to take £892 from my bank 'EEK'! I had to bring in Barclays fraud to stop it! I looked at my usage and there lots of big scary charges for a modem that are very unfamilar and the times on all of them are all 00.00.00!

02 are closed until the morning but i can't have this every single month for something that should be so straight forward, 02 business to me has just been nothing but a total **** show and the times it's costing it jawdropping.

I really need to get this business contract terminated.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Lee1

You will need to speak to Business Customer Services on 8002 first thing this morning to cancel. But my understanding is whether a Business Essentials contract, as I'm on, or a standard Business Contract you will need to pay off the device in full in order to cancel the contract.

If a Business Essentials contract you should also give 30 days notice to cancel the airtime portion of your contract at the same time.

Best time to ring is between 8-8:30am to avoid a long wait on hold.

Also, though I'm sure you know this as a long time customer of O2, don't cancel your direct debit until you've received your final bill and your account is a 0 balance.

Good luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 25

Lee1
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi and thanks for the reply, i've got exactly what I wanted which is a £48 phone monthy pay with 100gb all good, after biting my tongue for the first 2 months i put it down to teething probs i was prepared to let it slide, then my £48 bill for today shows £79 and 02 try and take £892 was quite a shock to the system to say the least, I'll have to go down in the morning, it's just been one big headache yet my personal contract runs so smoothly.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 25

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

You're very welcome @Lee1. Glad I could be of help and you have my sympathies. Unlike your problems, my business account has run smoothly, apart from one glitch which was sorted very quickly

Message 4 of 25

Lee1
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll update here once/if things get sorted which ever way things go.

Message 5 of 25

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Lee1 wrote:

I'll update here once/if things get sorted which ever way things go.

Thank you @Lee1 that would be extremely helpful to other business customers, including me. Plus it would be good to know you're problems have been sorted and your contract ended without any hitches. The very best of luck to you.

Message 6 of 25

Lee1
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update. I contacted 02 yesterday morning, the £892 charge was an 02 mix up, on my business phone i changed my number for free, when one line was cut an the other started an hour later who ever did this somehow charged my account for the full payment of the contract, that money is now in query and will sort itself out im told.

I couldn't get any answers why there large alien amounts for internet i know nothing about nor could i get a understandable response over the £79 i was also invoiced for, my bill for last month should be £48, i never went over any limits infact i never even went close to even half.

Guess what's just happened? 02 have just taken £79 out my bank account, hey why not, 02 seem to be having an open house couple of days with bank balance and just take whatever they want, that £79 thats just been taken should be £48, fact.

My whole 02 business experience from the start is genuinly starting make me feel quite sick, everyone seems to think they know whats wrong with my account but things just go from bad to worse at my expense anytime someone goes near it. Never ever again.

Let me spell it out how simple this should be...

1 phone, 1 50gb contact with 50gb promotion monthly for the lengh of the contract, 1 direct debit for £48.

Edited for typo.

Message 7 of 25

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Good morning @Lee1

It would seem your problems are ongoing and never ending.

As we do not have access to customer accounts, being customers ourselves, I can't offer any direct assistance. However I will tag in our Community Managers, @Martin-O2, @Marjo and @EmilieT to see if they can help to sort out this never ending saga.

Sorry I can't be of more help myself. But, hopefully, one of our Managers can, fingers crossed. And I'm sure one of them will be in touch later on this morning. 

Again, the very best of luck finally getting this all sorted.

Message 8 of 25

Lee11
  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your help, much appreciated thumbsup

Message 9 of 25

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Not a problem @Lee11. I do hope it all finally gets sorted.

Message 10 of 25