cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from My O2 app problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I have an iPhone 7+. I am in the My O2 app, trying to go through the upgrade process. When I come to the options where it asks me what I want to do with my device I have encountered a strange problem.

It gives me 4 options of which one must be selected. 1) To keep my device, 2) to recycle with O2, 3) blah blah..

It doesn't matter which option I select (I have tried them all) when I choose an option and hit the big blue button to continue the page I'm on just scrolls to the bottom. It doesn't take me to the next page for the next part of the upgrade process. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Any advice on what to do here is gratefully accepted.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Not tried in app but did an upgrade on one account online on pc recently and all went through ok so try on pc if you can.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Message 3 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @jezza1234 are you still having difficulties completing your order? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ty both for the advice. My first thought was to use a PC for the upgrade but I'm the kind of person that would also like to get to the bottom of the problem so I can use the app. I did try this exact procedure in safari (on mobile) but the same problem occurred.

I started a web chat with an o2 employee and asked how I could submit feedback for the app and she said to go to the App Store and that there would be a link there to leave feedback. I didn't see any such link at the App Store for the My o2 app.

Oh well, I guess I will just go to Vodafone instead wink

Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

[....]  how I could submit feedback for the app and she said to go to the App Store and that there would be a link there to leave feedback. I didn't see any such link at the App Store for the My o2 app.

Hello @Anonymous

The Community Team sends O2 a weekly report of all things posted here on the community. So if you have any feedback or suggestion on how to improve MyO2 app please share them here in the community at any time!

We'll make sure that your awesome feedback reaches O2 Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6