cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 app on Android & E8278 Mobile Dongle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have O2's E8278 dongle but can't get the Android application to display how data I have left / used.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Mark King MCP

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

SarahHill
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Err, that only applies if you are connected to the same network as the dongle.

If the dongle/SIM is connected into directly into a device, (or as in my case CCTV via a hardwired ethernet router), there is no network to browse. In my case it's a garage, with no other network device like a PC, plus I cannot hardwire my phone in I've no idea what the usage is.

Many alarm devices/Cameras have SIM cards for stand alone data, with O2 you are stuffed checking the data use.

I had expected it to be possible to be viewable via my O2 app (it's the only reason I used O2) and find they are set up so you've no idea what data is left. This is probably why the equipment supplier uses Vodaphone!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sarah

Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@SarahHill wrote:

Err, that only applies if you are connected to the same network as the dongle.

If the dongle/SIM is connected into directly into a device, (or as in my case CCTV via a hardwired ethernet router), there is no network to browse. In my case it's a garage, with no other network device like a PC, plus I cannot hardwire my phone in I've no idea what the usage is.

Many alarm devices/Cameras have SIM cards for stand alone data, with O2 you are stuffed checking the data use.

I had expected it to be possible to be viewable via my O2 app (it's the only reason I used O2) and find they are set up so you've no idea what data is left. This is probably why the equipment supplier uses Vodaphone!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sarah

If only you'd have made that info known before wink

Does the ethernet router have any spare ports?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 17

SarahHill
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry, I thought I had, but I realise it wasn't clear.

There aren't spare ports, but connecting a laptop or similar is a bit of a hammer to crack a nut.

That said, whilst messing around just I've found the solution.

If you go to https://mobilebroadbandaccess.o2.co.uk and login as if you are topping up, from ANY device it gives you the information.

Why this doesn't link to the app is a mystery, but it does mean I can check the values at home leaving the installation as it is.

Sarah

Message 14 of 17

SarahHill
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

PS. I won't mention the fact the instructions for the dongle have the misroSD port labelled as the SIM card port LOL!

Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

At least you have stumbled on a solution by your own investagive actions but your experience will be of great benefit to other customers with the same issue. Well done slight_smile

Message 16 of 17

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, as per the solution to this thread that you posted on but glad you found it slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 17 of 17