Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wi fi calling

MusicIan
Level 4: Observant
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Has anyone else been told that although their phone is locked to O2, that device does not support wifi calling because "It wasn't bought from O2".

I was told this in the O2 shop in Carlisle. As I had not bought my iphone 7 plus from them I was told that it was not guaranteed to work on wifi calling in spite of being locked to the network. When I pointed out that O2 wifi calling works on my ex vodafone iPhone SE this was shrugged off.

When I repeated the story to the staff at Stormfront it was met with great hilarity.

I have been assured by an online O2 guru that this is untrue. 

I have now been promised that the phone will be working by the weekend (following an unfulfilled promise to have it working within 24 hours).

I am losing faith in O2 quickly as I am also unalbe to get my bill altered to the correct amount despite a promise from a member of the chat team followed by a text telling me that my account had been credited. It hasn't. 

Has anyone had similar experiences and did it actually get sorted? My 14 day trial period ends on Monday and I could do with some reassurance that this is not regular O2 customer treatment.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @MusicIan, as it's been a few days since you last posted, I wanted to check if you've made any progress with this? Did you manage to enable wi-fi calling in the end or are you still stuck? Please let us know.

Message 11 of 14

MusicIan
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I’ve been told by O2 that because they are having difficulty getting the phone to work, they have extended my cancellation option from 14 to 28 days. So far, no joy. 

I have given the phone hone to my wife as she is using Vodafone PAYG which links up to my sure signal. Meanwhile I am using my iPhone se which works with WiFi calling fine.

thanks for asking!

Message 12 of 14

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear you still haven't made much progress with this @MusicIan. 😞 Not sure how much we can do on our end but happy to check just in case if you'd like? I'll drop you a PM and feel free to reply to that if you'd like us to take a look.

Thanks a lot for coming back to give an update on your query. Much appreciated and nice to hear from you. slight_smile

Message 13 of 14

MusicIan
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Many thanks for your help Marjo. The issue is now resolved - I only found out when asked to reinsert my O2 sim as I has given up on the issue and was using the phone on a vodafone PAYG sim!

Many thanks again for your tenacity.

Message 14 of 14