cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow 3g speed in various parts of London

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,  lately the connection is so slow on 3G that I've given up internet surfing when I am not connected to wifi.  I have an iPhone 6, the software is up to date and I have a 4G contract.... however 4G signal is not available everywhere.  What can be done? I am feeling so frustrated about this

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Nothing you can do at all.
It's a similar story all over the UK on 3g due to congestion unfortunately.
Things will improve once all the network upgrades are completed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I would have expected all London to have 4G coverage by now. Keep checking the status page for area upgrades. 

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Someone else had a similar story when visiting London. I think a lot of it is to do with area, height of buildings

and time of day.  Funnily enough I experienced exactly the same whilst in Birmingham yesterday. Mainly 4G but when in smaller streets with higher buildings, it kept flicking back to 3G

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Someone else had a similar story when visiting London. I think a lot of it is to do with area, height of buildings

and time of day.  Funnily enough I experienced exactly the same whilst in Birmingham yesterday. Mainly 4G but when in smaller streets with higher buildings, it kept flicking back to 3G

I have problems with wind. .....LOL

Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I have problems with wind. .....LOL

LOLLOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6