cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vcf media message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Got an iphone 5 on O2 Unlimited+ and I am new customer to O2.  

Yesterday I sent a vcf to someone fine, they sent me one back, but instead of getting a vcf from them i got a media message link and password.  I went to that link put in password and it said there was an attachment, which presumably, because i couldnt open it, was the vcf.

I'd like to receive my mms's and vcf's via the normal way that everyone else gets them, rather than media messages.  how do I do that please? Am I going to be charged for receiving and sending them? I get charged for MMS's which is fine, but vcfs?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Ask O2 to check that MMS is properly provisioned on your account, if you have moved from another company it is often the last thing to work properly.

Sometimes they can turn it off and back on (re-provision) and solve the problem.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Method most people use: 

- in iphone Contacts, select the contact. 

- scroll down to Share Contact. 

- a pop-up says, Share Contact Using: Email or Message —> select Email. 

The VCF card is then send inside email, rather than an MMS. 

Hope this helps you, frustin. 

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

No i'm afraid it didnt.

As i said in the op, i can send a vcf and it works fine.  When i RECEIVE a vcf from someone it is in the form of an O2 "You have been sent a media message".

I dont want those messages i'd like to just receive my vcf's like other people with iphones.

Message 3 of 6

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Ask O2 to check that MMS is properly provisioned on your account, if you have moved from another company it is often the last thing to work properly.

Sometimes they can turn it off and back on (re-provision) and solve the problem.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, the MMS proxy had the wrong ip address for some reason.  all fixed now.

Message 5 of 6

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Glad you got it fixed.:smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 6