cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgraded to Iphone 5, still no service

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I recently took an upgrade from carphone warehouse from a galaxy samsung s2 to the new iphone 5. I kept the same number and was told that I should be sent a text saying when the new micro sim will be activated.

I received a text to my old phone with the usual "welcome to 02" "thanks for staying with us blah blah blah". even had the data connection details sent to my old phone and the iphone still showing "no service". tried entering the new details into the new phone but still had no luck.

Has anyone had any experience with upgrading to the new Iphone 5 but with the same number and had the same issue?

I've tried turning them both on and off, leaving the new one on for a whole day while the old one was off. no luck 😞

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like the sim swap has either failed or not been correctly processed. Call CS (202) on your old phone and have the details of the new sim with you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep turning the iPhone 5 on & off regularly until you get signal or if its been past 24 hours, contact cs to see if the sim swap was done properly, all information is in the contact us page at the bottom of the page

Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you need to request the sim swap process yourself

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 5