cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

im due for upgrade i currently have an iphone 3gs if i upgrade to another iphone can i transfer all ma photos etc across to new phone or will i have to start from scratch and download all apps again?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to transfer purchases and backup iPhone:

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions
Back up everything to iTunes and/or the cloud then just restore your new phone from your backup and it will be identical to your old one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

thats great thanks ive had problems in the past backing up on itunes and lost everything but will give it a go

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you connect your iPhone to iTunes. It will appear down the left handside. Right click on it and choose 'transfer purchases". This ensures that any purchased apps, music etc that you purchased from on the iPhone itself, will then be transferred to your computer.

All you will need to do when you get a new iPhone is load up iTunes, connect your new iPhone and choose "restore from backup". This will put all your settings, apps, email accounts, and everything else you have on your present iPhone on to your new iPhone. The only thing you might need to enter is the password/s for your email account/s.

Message 4 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Are you all sorted now cat1986? Some great advice here guys slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the process of editing a video guide showing how to transfer purchases and backing up the iPhone with iTunes. I'll add the link to it when its up on You Tube slight_smile

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
New phone arrives 2day so will let u know once i haw tried it thanks.
Current phone is backed up onto computer so should be good to go
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to transfer purchases and backup iPhone:

Message 8 of 8