cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im due to upgrade my iphone  and really  want to get  a iphone 7+ why is it  that o2 are so exspencive if i stay  with them i will have to pay  near on £60 i pay £39 at the moment  but if i go through all the hassle and go with a diffrent provider i can get for near on £40 much more reasonable  is there away i can get o2 to charge that instead of having to change

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
O2 get away with charging a premium for the device because of the flexibility that refresh has where you can pay off your device and leave, or go SIM only whenever you want, whereas with other providers you pay the same amount beyond the 24 months if you don't upgrade / change immediately.

You can try calling customer services and get put through to retentions to see if they will offer you anything, but don't hold your breath
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also o2 won't have stock of this particular phone. Apple have all the stock. None of the networks do not just o2
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousYou probably would get a cheaper deal from Carphone Warehouse on the O2 network.

However... you wouldn't get Refresh and you would be tied to a 2 year contract.

The stock of this device is limited wherever you choose to go....(Unless you buy it outright from Apple as said)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also like to upgrade and am considering a seller refurbished 6s+ to replace my current iPhone 6 which is almost 2 years old.  If I sell my own phone to defray the cost, I should be able to upgrade to a newer model + keep the same airtime contract.

Any thought or suggestions or advice ?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, as long as you leave the airtime running when you pay off the device plan it will just continue until you give notice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6