cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking of an iphone5s

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi just upgraded my iphone 5s and was wondering how i unlock it so i can sell it?

Thanks Steve

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Hi Steve
All explained here for you mate.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Hi Steve
All explained here for you mate.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I've got an old iPhone 6+ that I am trying to get unlocked by O2....

Went down to an O2 shop last Tuesday 27th June'17 , outside the office, and the guy did his thing and stated it could take "up to 72 hours" to unlock, and yet here I am, today, and the phone is STILL locked to O2???!?Crazy Smiley Mad

So went back down today to the shop, and the guy confirmed that the unock process, wasn't processed correctly the first time around but said he would put it through today and I should receive an email confirming my phone is unlocked, today.

I'm really not holding out ANY hope.....

Would an O2 admin on here (like @Toby) be able to check the progress of this, if I was to provide the IMEI number of the phone or am I going to have to resort to websites such as these:

https://www.officialiphoneunlock.co.uk/unlock-iphone/O2-UK&aff=Simplyfixit&tl=02para2

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
The community guidelines are here and appear to work well https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
Toby is no longer with the forum either so maybe @MercedesS can help ?

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The community guidelines are here and appear to work well https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
Toby is no longer with the forum either so maybe @MercedesS can help ?

...thanks for that @MI5 appreciated.

I have already read through that link and seen that web form:

O2 Web Form.JPG

...however, I'm not prepared to wait the quoted time of "28 days but typically within 7 days" - thats just ridicuolus. Stuff like this should only take 24 hours, MAX.....

Additionally - that web form - how's that even supposed to work seeing that the iPhone has been reset back to factory settings. No user is set up on the phone so there are no "Security Details" that I have, to enter into that web form (I'm not even with O2 anymore)....???

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Generally for iPhones, you get the code within a day or so.
The security details apply to the account you had the phone on previously if no longer with O2.
No phone details, other than the IMEI number is required.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The security details apply to the account you had the phone on previously if no longer with O2.

...ok, so stupid question - what exactly are you suppoosed to do with this code?? The iPhone doesn't ask for an unlock code to actually unlock it from the network??!

Message 8 of 12

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

...thats not stictly correct:

O2 web form2.JPG

..the web form asks for all sorts of account details - none of which can be remembered??!?  Why should I have to keep all my account details just so I can get the phone unlocked?? Its got NOTHING to do with the account......

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...if O2 (the guys in the shop) don't pull it out the bag today - I'm gonna use that website I linked to  - at least they can do it for a small fee WITHOUT having to jump through all the ridiculous hoops that O2 require you to do (they even said I needed to unlock it through iTunes - JEEZ.....). At the end of the day - its MY phone (out of contract). O2 should NOT have a hold over this device....

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Account details yes, but not phone details - you said you had reset the phone, so I meant there was nothing lost that you needed off the phone.
You will just get an email to say phone has been unlocked and at that point you insert a non O2 sim.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12