Did you mean: 

unlocking iphone 6

Katetra
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

So i am no longer an o2 customer but i am trying to unlock an o2 iphone 6 that i used to have on a contract with o2.. i have waited 72 hours and not had a text message or email to say it has been done and my sim still says its unsupported when i put it in the iphone. i needed it unlocking as my current phone needs to be sent away for repair.

if there are any options for unlocking my phone would be helpful.

regards

katie

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Katetra
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but i had gone into the o2 shop and request it to be unlocked and they took imei and other info and filled out an unlatching form i believe its called, and they said in there can be up to 72 hours but usually less.

i have tried a number of times since sunday to put my 3 sim card in the phone just for it to say its not supported

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you still need to connect the iPhone to ITunes to complete the unlocking if that is still the process?
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Chase it up with customer service http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 15

Katetra
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous i have tried that aswell and it didnt work

Message 6 of 15

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

No need to connect to itunes any more. Maybe call customer service to chase it up.

edit spelling

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you still need to connect the iPhone to ITunes to complete the unlocking if that is still the process?

Shouldn’t be required anymore but always worth trying. You do need to be signed into your Apple ID on the phone though. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT Can you help with the OP Unlocking his iPhone problem?

Message 9 of 15

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Katetra, and welcome to the forum Wave

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting this phone unlocked! I'll send you a Private Message shortly to get a few more details, so I can get someone on my end to look into what's going on for you. You'll be able to read it and reply to it by going inot Messages at the top right of your page. 

Thanks everyone for the support, and @jonsie and @Anonymous for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 15