Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking an iphone 7

davew
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi, i have just moved to australia, and have put my 02 sim in a secondary handset, which works great. 

I have put my new australian sim in my iphone, and it has completed an update. it then links to wifi, tries to activate, then says sim is not supported. 

I have completed the online form, but i have not heard anything yet, how long is it taking at the moment to unlock phones? many thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @davew, thanks for sending some details over - I've just heard back from the gurus and the good news is, the iPhone is now unlocked so all you need to do is put a non-O2 SIM in the phone, connect to Wi-Fi and follow the instructions slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @davew

Have you followed the info in this guide?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Please note the bottom section where it says this about iPhone unlock

For iPhones you will not receive a code. Just replace the O2 sim with one from a different network once you receive notification that it is unlocked.

If the unlock fails first time, try connecting to iTunes to complete the process, but this is not required for every phone.

If you’ve already requested an unlock for your iPhone but you feel it hasn’t worked, try the following:

1) Insert a non-O2 SIM in the phone

2) Connect to Wi-Fi

3) Go to Settings > General > About, and enter your Apple ID and password, and you should be good to go.

If it’s still not working, please contact customer services on 202 or 4445 or post on the community so we can escalate the issue for you.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@davew

Alternatively, I will mention our community manager here @EmilieT

She appears to have a magic 'unlocking key'  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

davew
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi both, I have put the non 02 Sim in, connected to wifi, then it comes up with the "Sim not supported message' I cannot get in to any settings. I've tried linking phone to iTunes, but again it just says 'unsupported sim' on iTunes screen. It's been over a week since I applied in line for unlocking. Any ideas? Thanks.
Message 4 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @davew, it sounds like you've done everything you can on your end so I'll send you a Private Message to get a few more details so I can have someone look into your request slight_smile

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention earlier!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 5 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @davew, thanks for sending some details over - I've just heard back from the gurus and the good news is, the iPhone is now unlocked so all you need to do is put a non-O2 SIM in the phone, connect to Wi-Fi and follow the instructions slight_smile

signature

Message 6 of 9

davew
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You are brilliant, thank you for sorting this out so quickly, much appreciated. All working now 😊👍
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@davew wrote:
You are brilliant, thank you for sorting this out so quickly, much appreciated. All working now 😊👍

Good news and well done @EmilieT smiling

Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Fantastic, thanks for confirming it's all sorted @davew!

@jonsie Handshake

signature

Message 9 of 9