cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to get emails on my iphone 5c

Anonymous
Not applicable

please help..i have been unable to get emails on my phone. i have a meesage that says the mail server is not responding. i have done all the trouble shooting and reset my phone countless times. i have deleted my email account, and reset the network settings and im still getting the same message. i have gone on to hotmail and it says that the it has changed from hotmail to outlook, but even with these changes i am able to login. can someone please help im at my wits end.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Have you configured it as an Outlook account ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

no i haven't. how do i do that? im useless when it comes to such things and have no idea where to start.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm talking from memory here as I don't have an iPhone with me, but, when you select the option to add a new email account it gives you a list of provider types, ie gmail, hotmail, exchange etc.
I think one of those options is Outlook, so select that option and then input your email address and password and see if it works then....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I read somewhere that Hotmail has been 'retired' and replaced by Outlook?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, it has now.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

im ready to throw in the towel. i have spent the afternoon rying to sort it and nothing is working. i give up.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Can you call into an O2 shop and ask in there for help?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

please help..i have been unable to get emails on my phone. i have a meesage that says the mail server is not responding. i have done all the trouble shooting and reset my phone countless times. i have deleted my email account, and reset the network settings and im still getting the same message. i have gone on to hotmail and it says that the it has changed from hotmail to outlook, but even with these changes i am able to login. can someone please help im at my wits end.

Have you tried accessing your emails when your on WIFI, just to rule out if there is an issue with O2's mobile data/slow connection? 

I can remember sometimes getting the mail server not responding when I was with O2 as a lot of the time the data side of O2 was too slow and it timed out.

Message 9 of 9