cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring ownership and upgrading to business contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I currently have a pay monthly contract which is due for upgrade which is actually in my dads name still.

I am wanting to now have a business phone contract and have the phone in my name.

Should i get my dad to cancel my current contract and open up a new business contract or is it possible for him to transfer the current contract into my name and upgrade it to a business contract?

Ideally i want to have the same number as i do now and again i am unsure if this is possible going from a personal to business phone?

Many thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you want it in your name you will have to take a new contract in your name then ask your Dad to transfer the number to your new account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143454 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you want it in your name you will have to take a new contract in your name then ask your Dad to transfer the number to your new account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

New account in your own name I'm afraid. Your father needs to cancel the contract and if you want to keep the number then that can be transferred to your name with his permission.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous As well as the advice given to you by @MI5 and @jonsie, also be aware that you will have to go through your own credit check to set up a new contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4