1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gazza 

You can use your iPhone sim card in an android phone or do a sim swap to a new sim card Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If you have data issues, call O2 and ask to be put on standard data.

For your contacts, you need to create a Google account, if you don't have one, then add the Google account to your iPhone and your new phone. Give permission on the iPhone for Google to access your contacts and they will sync to the android phone.

You can also use a Samsung app called Smart Switch to transfer your data across https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/smart-switch/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gazza 

You can use your iPhone sim card in an android phone or do a sim swap to a new sim card Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If you have data issues, call O2 and ask to be put on standard data.

For your contacts, you need to create a Google account, if you don't have one, then add the Google account to your iPhone and your new phone. Give permission on the iPhone for Google to access your contacts and they will sync to the android phone.

You can also use a Samsung app called Smart Switch to transfer your data across https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/smart-switch/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey there @Gazza it's been a few days since you posted about switching to Android from iPhone, hope you got all the information you needed from the advice above! slight_smile Let us know if you have any additional questions anytime and have a great week ahead.

Message 3 of 3