cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen iphone 5 and find my phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone is now blocked can you still trace a phone using find my phone when blocked ?

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My phone is now blocked can you still trace a phone using find my phone when blocked ?

No, for fine my phone to work it needs to be connecting to the network.  In other words if its barred and not connecting to the network then find my phone won't work.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, for fine my phone to work it needs to be connecting to the network.  In other words if its barred and not connecting to the network then find my phone won't work.

Message 2 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok thanks,my phone was stolen from my house by my son's best friend, if they put new sim in the phone can they still use it ?
Message 3 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144659 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27731 Solutions
If you have reported it stolen it will have the IMEI barred so no SIM will ever work again in it....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
so if it is only blocked would they need to take it to a shop to get unblocked cos i'm wondering if it worth going to my local mobile shop to keep a look out for it. or do they just get new sim and away you go,
Message 5 of 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

once a phone is imei bared it is dead unless you got it back amd o2 reinstated it only you can get the bar lifted it is just an ipod now

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Illegal imei unlocking carries a 5 year prison term.

The imei lock will hold in the Uk.

My iPhone 4 was stolen a year or so ago. I sent it a message to offer a reward but it seems the sim had already been pulled. I followed up my message with a wipe all data and block command just in case.

The I asked 02 to bar it.

Luckily for me the pass code and a tweak called applocker {jail-break tweak}was activated.

In my opinion there should be a more secure way of keeping the sim in the phone. Some use a metal bumper that requires hexagon screwdrivers to release it but all they do then is power it off.

Can't win !
Message 7 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
i had the find my phone app and put it to erase my iphone when it switches on. but the person who stole it slipped up by making a phone call when the phone was missing.looked on my recent call charges and i phoned the number found out the mans name to the phone number and asked my son does he know this name and he said his friends dad name. went round there house and asked if this his number and they said yes. but they just kept saying there son would not have taken it grrrr
Message 8 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You should have gone to the police once you knew they had it and you still could.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 35

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If you know who's stolen it surely a polite word with your local policeman would be advisable.

Short that make friends with your local towns door security company:D

It's disgusting stuff like this happens:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 10 of 35