cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up personal hotspot on iPhone 5c

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help me to get this up and running? The set up directs me to o2.co.uk/iphonehelp/modem but this takes you just too2 help

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Sounds like it to me too Damien as I guess data is working OK on mobile.o2.co.uk (this is for non idata tariff)
If you call 202 they will change it over for you for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just have to wait for the op now but I think we are right
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to say thanks for this info.  This problem has blighted me over a number of different handsets and was finally resolved on Saturday after asking o2 to change my tarriff to the right one, with iPhone data.  I also updated the APN and other entries to be idata. rather tham mobile. and it works a treat - visual voicemail and personal hotspot are now both available.

Many thanks guys,

Matt.

Message 23 of 26

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Glad the advice worked for you. Problems are usually caused by a mix of incorrect bolt on and APN settings.:smileyhappy:

Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I came to the end of my 2 year contract on my 5S and, until I get my new 6S *next week, squee!!* I have downgraded to a SIM only monthly-rolling contract

is this why my Personal hotspot isn't working any more?  When I get my new phone and change to a 12 month Simplicity contract will it come back? 

Message 25 of 26

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No, it should be working on any contract sim. Are you still on iData tariff?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 26