cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phishing email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any one got a phishing email purportedly from O2 but actually from Russia? It said I had a bill of 266 pounds!! And instead of reading it I clicked on the link. I think O2 should follow this up.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10210 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions
I would suggest attaching the emails to an email you send to phishing@o2.com and letting them see the mail headers.

If you clicked on the link and entered any personal details get them changed asap.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Yes, many reports this last 2 days.
O2 are investigating.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

received one today amount of £261.22 from email address marinotion.de.001@louis.info

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received following email from moritz@ottiker.ch and clicked on the link so I hope O2 look into this and investigate!

"Hello, 
Your bill for 07/04/17 is now ready, and this month it comes to £231.14. This'll be taken from your account on, or just after the date on your payment schedule.

To have your latest bill online anytime and anywhere:
http://www.o2.co.uk/business/billing
(JsReport - JavaScript based reporting platform)"

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10210 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions
I would suggest attaching the emails to an email you send to phishing@o2.com and letting them see the mail headers.

If you clicked on the link and entered any personal details get them changed asap.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144532 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
O2's advice, as posted on the numerous other threads http://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/fraud-and-phishing-advice
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6