cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal hot spot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there can anyone answer my question I want to know if using my personal hot spot on my iphone to conect my pc to the internet will take up any of my data usage?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Yes, it uses your data to provide the connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Yes, it uses your data to provide the connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You bet it will, where do you think it comes from?

It will use it quicker too.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thought it was a daft question lol.. so basicaly i'll get charged when it goes over my usuage allowance

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Apparently now if you go over you will just get cut off until the next month.
Message 5 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

ok thought it was a daft question lol.. so basicaly i'll get charged when it goes over my usuage allowance

Not really, it's when people don't ask that the problems happen.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never knew that MI5.

Last time I went over my limit MI5, I had my speeds slowed down to a snails pace. Seems a bit drastic though cutting customers off.
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 149473 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
It's a recent change that we have been alerted to by someone who got a landing page informing them to top up or wait until next month to get more data !!!
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It's a recent change that we have been alerted to by someone who got a landing page informing them to top up or wait until next month to get more data !!!

A change for the worst that imo 😞

Message 10 of 11