Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Highlighted
Topics: 44
Kudos: 220
Solutions: 65

Re: o2 won't unlock my iPhone 5

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep did that to and it got rejected because they keep saying my IMEI numbers don't match and the phone isn't locked to O2, which it certainly is.

Did you do that whilst the O2 SIM was in the phone and after making a call (to make sure it was registered on the network)?

iPhone 11 Pro (O2 eSIM,3), Note 10+(EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,747

@Anonymous wrote:
Tried another sim multiple times, I don't know what they're playing at but it's criminal. They have no right to lock a phone which I now own!

I quite agree.

In some cases a pm to @Toby might help (altough it's not his primary role), otherwise the other option is an official complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 571
Solutions: 15,747

@aldaweb wrote:

Did you do that whilst the O2 SIM was in the phone and after making a call (to make sure it was registered on the network)? 

Phone is registered mate - IMEI matches in "My O2" to the phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 44
Kudos: 220
Solutions: 65

@MI5 wrote:

Phone is registered mate - IMEI matches in "My O2" to the phone.

Yeah, I read that but doesn't mean the OP hasn't transferred it to another phone in the meantime

iPhone 11 Pro (O2 eSIM,3), Note 10+(EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,191

I think you now need to make that complaint in writing. If the IMEI matches that showing in My O2 there is no reason at all to reject the unlock. It is Apple who unlock but O2 have to request it I believe.

Anonymous

Initially I had the same resonse from O2 but all I did was get a note from Apple showing the 'Proof of Coverage"  

Then jumped on the O2 live chat told them my problem and pasted the Serial, IMEI, Product No. from the "Proof of Coverage". They sent the unlock order right away.