Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 won't unlock my iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

contract with o2 ends in 2 days

I want to switch to someone else

I have my new simcard - when inserted it says phone is locked

Spoke to o2 and they say that becasue my IMEI doesnt match their records (i went to the apple store a year ago and they replaced my old iphone 5 as the volume button had stoppped working) they wont/cant unlock it.

I have paid £50 a month for 2 years for this - in 2 days th ephone will be mine and I cant use it????

Does any one have any solutions???????

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your opinion which your entitled to.
Message 11 of 26

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

And you yours.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exact same thing has happened to me!

They keep fobbing me off saying Apple has to unlock the device, which I know Apple can’t. So they lie to you about that. 

I've been trying to get it unlocked for two weeks now and keep getting awful customer service, passed from pillar to post. 

I got told by a manger that I needed to get a proof of coverage letter from Apple to prove my IMEI had changed because it had been replaced by Apple. Called back saying I now have this letter, asked who do I email it to and no one seemed to know what I was talking about - O2 lying to it's customers again.

I've even been lied a third time by their customer support team who keep telling me my phone isn't registered to O2 but EE which it cant be because theres an O2 sim in it and I've only ever used an O2 sim and bought the phone form O2!

I've been told multiple times il get a call back, waited for hours but nothing. It's a disgrace, iv'e had to pay for more 3G in the meantime to check on my E-mails on the go for my job which is costing me a fortune! Every time I confront them about their lying I get some irate ex Mc Donald’s employee telling me they don't lie…

I’ve been into an O2 store and they tell me theres noting they can do and to call 202. WTF your a shop who I bought the phone from, do something about it! 

It takes me an hour every time I call to talk to a manager! O2 is such a joke and I can't see them ever unlocking my phone so will be taking it further. 

Message 13 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Check your IMEI number is registered in your My O2 to start with http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Already done that and it's the same IMEI which is on the back of my phone, so confused as to why they keep making excuses not to do it.
Message 15 of 26

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Have you tried just using the form rather than speaking to CS?

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 16 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep did that to and it got rejected because they keep saying my IMEI numbers don't match and the phone isn't locked to O2, which it certainly is.
Message 17 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Yep did that to and it got rejected because they keep saying myIMEI numbers don't match and the phone isn't locked toO2, which it certainly is.

and you have definitely tried another sim in it from another network?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Already done that and it's the same IMEI which is on the back of my phone, so confused as to why they keep making excuses not to do it.

If the numbers match I fail to see any reason for them not putting the request through.....

Currently using:
Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried another sim multiple times, I don't know what they're playing at but it's criminal. They have no right to lock a phone which I now own!
Message 20 of 26