cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive just got new iphone 6s im up and running with everything apart from ive got no service my wifi is on but thats all any help please

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
sorry for the simple questions @Anonymous, but have you got the sim card installed correctly?
If yes, is this an upgrade? If it is you might need to contact Customer Services (CS) to activate the sim card unless your old sim will fit in the new phone.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
sorry for the simple questions @Anonymous, but have you got the sim card installed correctly?
If yes, is this an upgrade? If it is you might need to contact Customer Services (CS) to activate the sim card unless your old sim will fit in the new phone.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Go here to sim swap to activate new sim
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

So that we can suggest something, we would need to know the following:
-Is this a new contract with o2 or an upgrade (did you have a contract with them before you got the iPhone 6s)?
-If it is new then the sim card you got with it should work straight away. Do you have a set of lines to indicate you have signal (near the WiFi symbol at the top)?
-If it is an upgrade, does your old phone work still? If yes, and it fits, you can continue to use your old sim (so long as you have not swapped from pay as you go to pay monthly).
-Have you completed a swap my sim form online or over the phone? This will transfer your number from your old sim to your new one and will stop service temporarily. You will need to turn the new phone off and on a few times to get the sim to re-register.

Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Just a little update.
I have been sent a PM that confirmed it was an upgrade so putting the old sim in the phone solved the issue with no signal and was asked to post on here to let everyone know.

Message 5 of 5