cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet or email access

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.    I have iphone4. For the past few weeks I can only get emails and connect to the internet when I'm connected to my home WiFi.  Anywhere else, inlcuding other WiFi spots and I get an error message saying I have no connection. Does anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - thanks for the speedy repsonses.  I also browsed the other responses and called customer service, who have sorted it.   Apparently, when I changed my tariff a few weeks ago the new tariff  "wasn't compatible with iphone 4" so they had to change something at their end.  It will take 24 hours, but then I need to reboot and follow some other instructions.  Fingers crossed.   Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

9 times out of 10 - problem solved.

If that doesn't work, It is also possible you are not on an iPhone tariff. If that's the case, try going to Settings > General > Network (may say cellular instead) > Cellular Data Network (you'll have to scroll down for this) and then change idata.o2.co.uk to mobile.o2.co.uk

Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Make sure you have mobile/cellular data switched on. Do a 'reset network settings' then reboot and try again.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - thanks for the speedy repsonses.  I also browsed the other responses and called customer service, who have sorted it.   Apparently, when I changed my tariff a few weeks ago the new tariff  "wasn't compatible with iphone 4" so they had to change something at their end.  It will take 24 hours, but then I need to reboot and follow some other instructions.  Fingers crossed.   Thanks again.

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it's sorted!

If you do what I suggested by changing the idata.o2.co.uk to mobile.o2.co.uk it will work for the rest of the day - just make sure you put it back tomorrow wink

Message 6 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great to hear you're sorted DEW.

Don't forget to press the 'Accept as Solution' button on whichever post helped the most, as this will help others who have the same question slight_smile

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 7