cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new iphone authentication code can't access it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a new iphone - I've been sent a text message with the authentication code which obnviously I can't access as it's on my phone which I am tyring to set up! No land line either how do I get the code!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you are trying to sim swap you need your old sim in a phone to receive the code.
If that's not possible, try live chat off this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you are trying to sim swap you need your old sim in a phone to receive the code.
If that's not possible, try live chat off this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @Anonymous, how's it going with the authentication code - did you manage to sort it out in the end? slight_smile It would be great to hear back from you!

Message 3 of 4

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I'm guessing it's the code to get through the setup process, have you any other Apple devices - another phone, or an iPad? The code should pop up on that if you have, just make sure it's switched on and connected to a network.
Message 4 of 4