cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone X weak signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody else suffering with their new iphone X ? Weak signal , and problems with your LTE ?

I've been on the APPLE COMMUNITY and there are dozens of people suffering the same . This I believe is a major issue with the phone , being the hardware !! 

I'm sat here now with my 6s and X , full signal on the 6s and only 1 bar on the X !!

Apple need to hold their hands up , and get this sorted !! 

Don't be fobbed off with their diagnostics that Apple will offer you !!

We need to stand firm on this issue , feel like I've been robbed......!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I’ve had iPhone X from start and I can say I get same signal as iPhone 6,7 and 8.

i have got Honor 10 and Wileyfox Android And again iPhone X, there is no different.

the iPhone X holds onto 4G longer than some phones, but I’ve never had an issue with signal quality.

if you have a any mobile phone ie Samsung s9 or any 1GB LTE radio speeds, then due to MIMO antennas you phone will pick up a signal slightly different and can search for signals much quicker.  This isn’t down to any flaw, it’s down to newer technology and how MIMO works on 1G LTE spec phones.

MIMO

Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MIMO) is a wireless technology that uses multiple transmitters and receivers to transfer more data at the same time.

so if you phone doesn’t have this, it has one in and one out to search on.

but as I’ve mentioned. No issues with signal on IPhone X on O2,Vodafone, EE and three.

also when roaming in Ireland too.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 11 of 12

dlt1972
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No problems here, either. I find my X sounds a lot clearer than my 7+ did. If people are judging the signal from the bars then they need to remember that they are pretty meaningless (the bars, not the people).

Message 12 of 12