cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 7 screen repairs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Phone was dropped and screen is badly cracked. The phone still works OK, but obviously it needs to be fixed. Timpsons have quoted £189.00 which seems like a lot but they insist it is necessary due to it being complicated etc. A local phone store in South East London has quoted me £50.00 and said that it was easy.

What do you think? Any recommendations, please?

Thanks,

ASL

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Personally with a high end phone like that I would send it straight to Apple....their repairs are guaranteed. Contact them for prices

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Personally with a high end phone like that I would send it straight to Apple....their repairs are guaranteed. Contact them for prices

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
See link I posted on similar thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-screen/m-p/1070704#M156463
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for help - looks like Apple is a bit cheaper! Sounds sensible too...

Thanks again,

ASL.

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for help - looks like Apple is a bit cheaper! Sounds sensible too...

Thanks again,

ASL.

Also I would never believe anyone who said repairing a screen was easy...How would they know, unless they had removed the screen and checked for sensor damage...etc... Apple is the way to go without doubt...Best of luck...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The problem is the home button / fingerprint sensor.
These often need changing and coding to the phone, which only Apple can do, so any third party repairers may leave you without a fully functioning button.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple will be £119 i have the iPhone 7 and thats what i paid to have a screen fix done with tehm, took tehm just over 2 hours and phone was good as gold, with no issues... plus it come with warranty so i would suggest apple 

Message 7 of 10

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

Sorry to read about your screen disappointed_relieved You should follow their advice and use Apple to avoid other problems. As they said, it is not easy to change them.

Personally, I invested in a Screen Protector because I am  ConfusedDestroy with my Iphone.

Thanks @Cleoriff and @MI5 for the help Heroheart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

the biggest issue you will have will be the proximity sensor, as that has a tendancy to go walkies when you have a screen repair done, its such a small thing, you know when you place your phone to your ear and your screen shuts down that the proximity sensor it disables your screen when yoyur ona call so if your phone is next to your cheek it dont start doing all sorts of gubbins like loud speaker and what ever else, thats the biggest thing so take it to apple as they will make sure your phone is tip top when its done with nothing missed, plus because its a 3d screen they will re callobrate it! 

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used WeFix - https://wefix.co.uk

In my case it was an iPhone 6S but they fix iPhone 7 screens too.

The best thing was I booked it that morning, and they came to my office at 2pm to replace the screen. I was without my phone for about 30 mins, no more. Job done, no agro, highly recommended. Used another postal service once, it was terrible.

Message 10 of 10