cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 not receiving texts from vodafone

Anonymous
Not applicable

a friend upgraded there phone from an iphone 5 on monday to the iphone 6, all seemed ok.

3 seperate friends, all on vodafone have text but none of there texts have been received. they can phone and  can be text back, just none are received. texts are received from other people on o2, tesco mobile and 3 ok.

they have turned the phone off and on, tried the change of carrier, numerous times, they arent blocked, turned imessage off and on

was hoping that someone would be able to help as to what to do next to resolve this, as never had the problem with any previous i phones over the years with o2

thanks for any help

graham 

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This is the information we have at the moment from customers who experience this.

It seems the only way at present is to delete the account altogether but just deleting the app doesn't  help. You need to tick the box within the app settings to delete all data and delete the account from that settings menu. O2 may then have to delete your Tugo account from their system

This issue seems to affect people who upgrade or change tariff over the last couple of weeks and texts from EE and Vodafone.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous We have had a couple of posts this week with people having the same problem.. not receiving texts. Has your friend got TuGo on their phone? This seemed to be the common factor with the other members. If so they need to sign out of their account and try again.

If problems persist then they will have to ring customer services I expect..http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
This must be the 4th thread at least so there is maybe an issue somewhere?
Perhaps worth @Martin-O2 letting the team know?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I would be looking to customer service to investigate but it may be an idea to reset network in the phone's settings first.

Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
We have been told on another thread that o2 are aware of an issue affecting some users.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

just a quick update.

the TUGO thing didnt work, still no inward texts from voda but can text outwards ! 

they got a new sim along with the iphone6 so guessing it must be the new sim itself ? 

as her partner got the same, new sim and iphone 6 and i text him and he got it okay. 

can CS reset the sim over the phone ? or is a new sim needed ? 

MI5 what are the problems ? 

Message 6 of 18

MI5
  • 144688 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Network problems effecting certain numbers.
Swapping Sims prob won't help at this stage.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 18

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

My wife and I are on Vodafone (we have different phones) and we both have experienced problems recently with late arrival of texts.....some up to 24 hours delay so it may well be a general network failure

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 18

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
This must be the 4th thread at least so there is maybe an issue somewhere?
Perhaps worth @Martin-O2 letting the team know?

Sure no worries @MI5 I'll look into this today and get it raised if needed. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123142 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Martin-O2 I think there have been a lot more since that was posted...I would say there have been about 10 posts at least over the Easter period with people having the same issue (not receiving texts)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18