cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 6 data problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have owned an Iphone 6 for four days and in that time had a text to say my data had all been used up!! Phoned Customer services who say I need to upgrade and purchase a 3 gb deal....................... which is crazy. I had a an Iphone 5 for 2 years and never had any data problems in that time. No one can explain where all the datas gone. On my phone the apps i have dont add up to 1GB.

Can anyone help as O2 can't........... 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Use wifi anywhere possible at home, work, or free hotspots, do you have idata set up
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Did you have to update the software at all which may have been done over mobile data? Seems strange that your usage won't have changed much having already used the iPhone before but O2 do seem to have a problem with data on some iPhones regarding data.  Many threads about it. 

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

no I dont, I did try an app but it wasnt specific enough with data I had used, what do you suggest is best?

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have the idata Bolton enabled in the apn settings
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

The iphone will tell you what data has been used in the settings. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201299
Did you restore your cloud backup over mobile data?
Remember the iphone will use mobile data when the screen locks even if wifi is enabled.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Remember the iphone will use mobile data when the screen locks even if wifi is enabled.

And that sentence there continues to confuse me....Is this something that only happens with iPhones? slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could turn mobile data off if you don't need it
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

And that sentence there continues to confuse me....Is this something that only happens with iPhones? slight_frown

Yes it's supposed to be a battery saving feature according to Apple. Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
You must've misread. A battery sucker more like
Message 10 of 11