cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5s unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi 

very sad and disappointed with o2 refresh.because i cant unlock my iphone 5s unless i pay it off,i m traveling abroad soon but i cant take my phone with me as its not unlocked.i been an o2 customer since 2002 on payg and been on o2 contract with o2 since 2004.when i upgraded my contract i was never told that i cant unlock my device untill its fully paid off.i only came into know when i rang o2 for unlocking.its totaly unfair for all of us o2 customers.it realy made me upset and angry.if i knew that i never would have gone with o2.i got 3 contracts with o2 and told all my friends and family to get o2 contract.but after all this il never recomand anyone to go with o2.

very SAD,ANGRY and DISAPOINTED thanx to o2

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your pain but bare in mind that other people also wanted their 5s unlocked and after paying off the phone found out there is a 3 months or so wait to have it unlocked

don't know how true it is so please browse thru the topics

Message 3 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't know If I am the lucky one, but I got respond in couple days...But could be different with Apple.
Message 4 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gluck does mean luck, right? wink

saw a post couple of days ago, customers complaining that even they paid off the cost of the 5c/5s there is a long wait before o2 starts unlocking

thought it was worth mentioning

Message 5 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It appears there was some confusion when refresh first launched surrounding unlocking rules.
I believe O2 are now saying that iPhones must be paid off in full and even then you'll have to wait until around 6 months for them to allow the 5s/5/c to be unlocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 46

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I still see no valid reason for not unlocking the phone after its paid for.
Message 8 of 46

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Same old story with the iPhone.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

I presume I got lucky as mine was unlocked before I'd made a payment.

Message 10 of 46