cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5c voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable

after downloading ios9 a red blob has appeared on my voicemail icon, i have listened to and deleted all messages including saved messages but the icon is still there. anyone any ideas. Confused

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have looked on the Apple forums and it often occurs after a system update

One common fix appears to be this...

Get someone to ring you and leave a voicemail...go in and delete it and the red dot should disappear. (you could do this yourself if you use a landline or borrow a phone and ring yourself.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Get someone to ring you and leave a voicemail...go in and delete it and the red dot should disappear. (you could do this yourself if you use a landline or borrow a phone and ring yourself.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

IT can also happen on mobile data if you switch it on & off, there will be the red blob but no actual voicemail 

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

That works in most cases and not exclusive to iPhones. Maybe be more down to o2 rather than any phone or firmware issues...

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

That works in most cases and not exclusive to iPhones. Maybe be more down to o2 rather than any phone or firmware issues...

The Apple forum wasn't discussing O2 as a network though. These were iPhones linked to all networks and many in the USA... The keywords used in discussions I researched were 'This can happen after a system update". ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5