cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 unlocking

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I have an iphone5 on contract with Tesco mobile and I move at the end of the contract to O2 would I neeed my phone unlocking or do I have to stay with Tesco?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If you buy the phone outright sim free from Apple it will always remain unlocked. If you buy from CPW it will lock to the first network sim you insert.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You might. Although Tesco runs off the O2 network you need a pac code if you want to bring your number over, so you should also have to unlock your handset.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that, who would unlock my phone and would there be a charge for it?

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'd need to speak to Tesco about getting your phone unlocked. Most networks just now are a bit iffy about unlocking iPhone 5s. O2 refuse point blank to do it just now.

You could always go to one of these wee shops to do it, might cost £20-£30 but could void your warranty.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.My friend is thinking of getting an iphone 5.  If she bought her phone outright and then entered into a sim only contract with o2 would that lock her phone to o2?

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

If you buy the phone outright sim free from Apple it will always remain unlocked. If you buy from CPW it will lock to the first network sim you insert.

Message 6 of 6