cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 activation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies if this has been brought up before but I 'm unable to activate my Iphone 5 - I can get to the activation stage in the set up process on the Iphone and then get the screen saying that I need to either contact an Apple store or ring Apple Care - I only requested a change to a nano sim from O2 this morning but assume this has been done as the nano sim in a converter allows me to make calls on my old Iphone - is it a case of waiting longer or have I got a problem?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unless you have a old or broken copy of iTunes it does sound like the phones naff:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
what happens when you have the phone connected to iTunes and you do a restore (with the sim card in)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I connect the Iphone to my computer and Itunes I just get the ' there is a problem activating....'

Message 3 of 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I think the issues it setting up may be an apple problem.

The sim activation is a separate problem altogether:(

Have a look at iTunes try repairing it and resigning into your apple ID.

Ill see about finding the apple service status.

What phone are you coming from?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

running latest version of iTunes? and the iPhone is connected to your wireless network?

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have full signal strength and wi-fi from my home broadband - as I say the nano SIM in a converter works perfectly in my old Iphone 3 - the network's O2 - I bought the Iphone 5 directly from Apple - the message on Itunes is simply There is a problem with your Iphone Please visit Service Answer Centre..... have I just got a faulty Iphone?

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I should have said the Iphone 5's brand new out of the box today

Message 7 of 8

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unless you have a old or broken copy of iTunes it does sound like the phones naff:(
Message 8 of 8