cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 3G not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having problems with my iphone 5's 3G, doesn't seem to be connecting at all, best I can get is E but it's definitely not a problem with my area as it works fine with my iphone4. I've done a system reset but I can't restore the iphone back to ios 6.0.

Any tips or anyone else having the same troubles?

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If it still fails after 6.1.2

Book an apple genius appointment at nearest apple store and they will either fix on the spot or replace on the spot as in warranty.

Just ensure you do a full backup before you go as they will wipe the handset.

Assuming you have also checked the sim is ok and no local issues.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume you have only just got your iPhone 5?

I had this problem with my iPhone 5 from Phones4U, in the end i took the phone back as it was clearly faulty, they replaced it and the replacement has worked fine. It may be you are unlucky enough to have a faulty handset, my suggestion is to return it for a replacment.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, sadly not. I've had it since October with little problem until few weeks ago after the 6.1 update I think

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have released 6.1.2 tonight for a few other fixes so that may help you, if not, try turning 3G on & off again or do a restore via iTunes 

Message 4 of 10

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If it still fails after 6.1.2

Book an apple genius appointment at nearest apple store and they will either fix on the spot or replace on the spot as in warranty.

Just ensure you do a full backup before you go as they will wipe the handset.

Assuming you have also checked the sim is ok and no local issues.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers for the help guys, I got it working by changing the carrier temporraily then changing back to O2.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey, I'm having similar problems as you too in the past few days. Has the problem came back ever since you fixed it?
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sadly, yes. I just do the method I posted to get it working again, but it's bloody frustrating.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great 😞 I hope it's O2's part and not the phone
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you on an iPhone tariff?

What is your APN settings username? Mines was set to "o2web" and that's always been working for me but I've just gone off with online chat with an O2 advisor and they said that was incorrect and it should be "vertigo"? I've changed it now and it seems to be working okay..Just gotta see if this will last..
Message 10 of 10