cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 4s sound problems...

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was wondering if anyone can help me. i got an iphone 4s from the 02 shop in october 2012. 6 weeks later, i started having problems with the sound....no sound is produced if i try to play music or videos, but the phone still rings as normal and the alarm works fine. The phone/sound works fine from a speaker dock, but if you take the phone off the dock, it stops producing any noise after a few seconds. I brought the phone back to o2 who sent it off to their repair shop.

I was then told internal parts were missing and therefore the problem wasnt covered under warranty and i'd need to pay £432 to get it fixed. i have a 2 year contract with them, and am really not happy about this. Im being told its a problem with the iphone and not a problem with 02 so its not their fault and i'll have to either pay up or carry on with a broken phone. 

any ideas/suggestions would be very much welcome.

thanks, andy

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Book an appointment at an apple store with their Genius bar for a second opinion....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Book an appointment at an apple store with their Genius bar for a second opinion....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

if there is a fault, apple will swap it for a new phone straightaway

Message 3 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Call me an idiot but wouldn't warrenty cover parts missing?

But yes apple will sort it for you:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Ridiculous response, O2 are the retailer and are therefore responsible.

I know the Apple shop will sort it out but O2 should deal with this if they supplied the phone.

Unless they are suggesting you have opened it, if parts were missing how did it work for 6 weeks?

You may need this:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reasons why I wouldn't take my iPhone to 02 to seek help with a faulty iPhone.

Apple have an outstanding approach to Customer Service and standards. Follow the previous advice and book an appointment with your most local Apple Genius Barr.

02 just sometimes batten down the hatches wanting to protect their storeroom stock !
Message 6 of 6