cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ios6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I downloaded ios6 onto my laptop not realizing I had not synced my photos. I am now at the stage where itunes is telling me my phone is in recovery and I must restore. then it tells me i will lose all data and media . i have not restored my phone yet in the desperate hope that there is someway to take my phone back to before i downloaded ios6. can you help me in any way 

cheers 

Dale

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you elect to update your iPhone in iTunes, it will backup the phone first and all photos in the camera roll will be included in that backup.

[Edit]

This is the case if you always backup your iPhone to iTunes. If you do iCloud backups but upgrade the iPhone via iTunes I can not be sure what happens as I use iTunes for my backups.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Is there any chance you've been backing up to iCloud?

have you already started the update procedure? If not you can normally get out of recovery mode by holding home+power for 15seconds to reset the phone. However if your in the middle of installing the update this could brick it.

when was the last time you back up to iTunes?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you elect to update your iPhone in iTunes, it will backup the phone first and all photos in the camera roll will be included in that backup.

[Edit]

This is the case if you always backup your iPhone to iTunes. If you do iCloud backups but upgrade the iPhone via iTunes I can not be sure what happens as I use iTunes for my backups.

Message 3 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'm hoping he/she didn't skip that bit:(
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point, but I'm fairly confident it backups first, then starts to download new version.

Message 5 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You are correct:) it's supposed too
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not got icloud , thank you for your reply

Message 7 of 7