cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inlocking iphone 3gs - ex contract phone (contract finished long ao)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was wondering if I'm entitled to free unlocking of the phone. I'm currently on pay &go - but used to be on pay monthly when the phone was on contract.

I'm thinking of selling this phone and getting a galaxy s3. Would get a lot more money for it if I get it unlocked.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Presuming it's the same mobile number as you used on contract, it's possible you may get a free unlock but it really depends how long ago it was. More than a couple of months ago and I think you need to be prepared to pay the £15 unlock fee.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Presuming it's the same mobile number as you used on contract, it's possible you may get a free unlock but it really depends how long ago it was. More than a couple of months ago and I think you need to be prepared to pay the £15 unlock fee.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

alright thanks, it wasyears ago i went off contract. ive had o2 phones in the past and they were always unlocked. what are the chances that this could be unlocked?

oh yeah- its the same number - i ported it to pay & go.

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I'm fairly sure you will have to pay for the unlock if it was so long ago. No harm in filling the form in and see what happens. Contract phones used to be unlocked handsets but if you got the 3GS from O2 it will definitely be locked as they had exclusivity to the iphone then.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah

I have to pay to get it unlocked. I'm in no rush to do so as I'm with o2 right now. Just wanted the phone unlocked so I can sell it on ebay and get myself a s3.

I'll just hold out until I get the s3 and decide to sell. I may add the option of unlocking for £15 extra in the auction. If the buyer wants it.

Message 5 of 5