Did you mean: 

iTunes

maryofdungloe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hiya

ever since I upgraded to IOS11 I’ve not been able to get my laptop to see my Apple devices as external hard drives. I’ve also been unable to get iTunes to load up onto the laptop, so I can’t backup and sync my Apple devices to iTunes and to iCloud using iTunes. ☹️

please can someone tell me how to do this? Thank you. 😀

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Start off by removing iTunes completely from your PC using the add/remove programmes feature in control panel, then download and install a fresh copy of iTunes from here https://www.apple.com/uk/itunes/download/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hello @maryofdungloe, did the above advice help with your iTunes issue? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 10

maryofdungloe
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi martin

Thank you for your reply. No, the above Help didn’t fully work. I’ve managed to install iTunes 12 onto my laptop. When I connect the iPhone or iPad the computer makes the beep telling me they are connected but they don’t show up as external hard drives in windows explorer. iTunes doesn’t load up automatically either and show that they are connected. I can’t sync my devices, back then up and transfer stuff from them to iTunes like I could with ios10 or lower. I think it’s only started doing this since I updated to ios11.

i don’t know if it’s been updated for ios11 and the whole programme has changed and it’s something I don’t know how to do or something I’ve done and I don’t know how to fix it. MI5 suggested I reset my devices back to factory settings and install iTunes 12 onto my laptop and try connecting again, but I can’t do that as I can’t back them up to iTunes first.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds like a settings issue with your laptop Mary.
What version of windows are you running?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

It would be lovely to hear how you're getting on with this and if you've had any progress with the issue @maryofdungloe slight_smile

Message 6 of 10

maryofdungloe
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t know what to do about as I can’t fix it ☹️

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It’s your laptop that needs sorting out Mary.
Do you know anyone who can help you with that?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

maryofdungloe
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m using Windows 8.1
Message 9 of 10

maryofdungloe
  • 22 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, there are a few computer shops in Nottingham I know of. I don’t know when I’ll go though. I’ll look see what MI5 has said on the Apple thread 😀
Message 10 of 10