cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone4 new message by Kristian2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right yes, I used the chat service, & then I went back to see if I could brainstorm the Voice Command function on the iPhone4. So I ended up back on Facebook.

Then I asked Lucy. I watched a video on SIRI (uTube). Then I logged in & here I am.

So what is my point. Today I learned that the iPhone4 doesn't have SIRI in the General part of the Settings.heartheart.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi and welcome. Siri is only available on 4s and 5 as you have now found out wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi and welcome. Siri is only available on 4s and 5 as you have now found out wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

there used to be a siri app on the app store before the patent god bought them & used it as a built in feature on the 4s & 5

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

For very weak reasons apple said Siri could not function properly on the iPhone 4.

Even tho developers tested out Siri on this model of iPhone.

However when I'm told something that's not 100% right I tend to pursue a workaround.

Hence I had the fully functioning Siri on my iPhone 4 and it worked very well. The only function that didn't was the raise to ear function.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

They just wanted the app to work the way they wanted & have the patent for themselves not the original creator

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So yeah basically Siri is quite good.
It actually gets me word for word quite often.
Oh well!
But on the iPad not the iPhone 4.
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Welcome back @Anonymous. It has only taken you 3 years to return to your thread. That must be some sort of record.LOL Anyway great to hear from you again...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Welcome back @Anonymous. It has only taken you 3 years to return to your thread. That must be some sort of record.LOL Anyway great to hear from you again...:smileywink:

xz.pngWelcome 

giphy-3
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to have you back @Kristian2! I am Meri a new community coordinator here!

What do you use Siri for? What kind of questions do you search? Weather for instance? What else?

Message 9 of 9