Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

iPhone v1 - what are you doing with yours...

[ Edited ]
Just checked a couple of the recycling websites...

Mopay will give £104 cash for an 8GB iPhone - http://www.mopay.co.uk/PhoneSelector.asp

Mazuma Mobile will give £140 for 8GB and more for 16GB - http://www.mazumamobile.com/tradein.php ... ∏=1037

Mobile Phone Exchange will give £134 - http://www.mobilephonexchange.co.uk/sea ... ch&s=Apple

Obviously there's eBay, but if your iPhone's is not cosmetically perfect, I question how much they'll go for.
Anonymous

I'm going to keep it for at least another year - because by then I imagine we'll get the really snazzy new iphone that will have all the bells and whistles I need to justify an upgrade.

Still very happy with mine so there's no need to change while its being supported with new software and updates.

I encourage some others to calm down from the initial new phone furore and do the same.
Anonymous

Selling

I'm selling mine to a friend for £200, its the 16GB and I use a screen protector and isock etc so as new condition. He is on O2 already so will get his number transferred to an iPhone PAYG sim. I guess the price is fair as I spent £329 four months ago and even with the new 16GB 3G iPhone availible PAYG I'm expecting the price to be something like £350-450 and with massive data charges etc. I guess for him he is getting the nicer aluminium back and no 3G, but O2 don't even cover his area now and on the online map show they dont plan to in the near future. Strange when Vodafone and orange do oh well. As far as I'm concerned if you sell to a friend and help them set up I think your iPhone will be worth way more than to one of these websites or the bargain hunting ebay users where every seller says as good as new!!
Anonymous

I'm going to keep it for at least another year - because by then I imagine we'll get the really snazzy new iphone that will have all the bells and whistles I need to justify an upgrade.
Still very happy with mine so there's no need to change while its being supported with new software and updates.
I encourage some others to calm down from the initial new phone furore and do the same.

Yeah, same here! I was also over excited about the new iPhone, but I came down a bit and will not upgrade.

Its 'only' £ 99 - BUT it needs to be taken in consideration also that the contract starts all over again, which might be a burden if you don't need so many free minutes / texts.

Simply the Software update will be enough for me Smiley Happy
Anonymous

I'm going to cherish it and pass it onto my mum - whilst I acquire the iPhone 2nd Generation. It was my first Apple product!
Anonymous

i still use it as it is, no upgrade.

lack of hardware on version 2 to other new phones that are coming in the next months.

too many restrictions with apple, you only get what apple gives you the rest are put in the sinbin Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Looks like CEX is buying 8gb iPhones for £200 in top condition.

I'm definately getting the new one, but mainly cause I'll find the gps quite useful. To be honest if I wasn't bothered about gps, I'd stick with iPhone v1 cause like everyone says the changes aren't enough to warrant a new 18 month contract.

Whats betting same thing will happen in 12 months, that there will be a new version, and we can upgrade by signing another 18 month contract.
Anonymous

Anyone who uses, and buys apple notebooks and desktops know that apple are always updating products... not becuase they see it a way to make more money (although its a good way) but they like to keep the hardware upto date. At the moment if you buy a Nokia N95 from o2.. it comes flashed with o2 and uses 3rd part apps. With apple they are saying what can be done on the phone to protect it... instead of having to wait for nokia to release say a new flash version just for o2...

If you are happy with your current iphone then why bother upgrading.... but if you want more memory, faster network (3/3.5g) as well as GPS then it is worth the money. In realistic terms although we keep talking 18 months contract most of us have only done 7 or 8 so as long as you stay with o2 its not really an issue....
Level 9: Fired up

heyy...

i had lost my very first iphone...on a night bus...so because i had insurance on it...got a brand new replacement abt 6 weeks ago...i am thinking of selling it...but i'm not sure....if we are going to need it(iphone v1)...to upgrade to iphone 3g.. Smiley Indifferent..
Anonymous

The fact the o2 website says you can give your old iphone to friends would lead me to think you can do what you want with it.... just because it was an insurance issued phone has nothing to do with it mr...

o2 website says..

Don't need 2 iPhones!

We want to make sure you find a good home for your existing iPhone once you upgrade. If you've a friend or family member already on an eligible O2 tariff, they'll be able to transfer to one of our new tariffs for iPhone. If they're not already with O2 or on an eligible O2 tariff, they could get one of our new iPhone Pay & Go SIM cards.