Did you mean: 

iPhone unlocking

PaulS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

My original iphone 6, purchased from O2, failed with a battery issue and so I got it repaired by Apple. But acutally Apple just sent a replacement which came locked to the O2 network, just like the failed item.

I now want to unlock this iphone as I have upgraded and give to a relative to use differant network.

However when I submit the unlock request using the iphone 6 IMEI, it gets reject as not being a O2 device.

Any ideas on how to progress unlocking the phone?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@PaulS 

You'll need to call customer service to put it through manually Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

PaulS
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have to phone 202 but I am unable to get to talk to someone. Because this is not a lost or stolen phone issue and I am being honest on the call, I just get cut off.

I understand that these are difficult times, but is there some other method of getting this done, as I can't via My O2?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just say anything to get connected.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

PaulS
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Funnily, just as I was reading your replay, I received an email saying that the phone was unlocked and it is.

So thank you to whoever at O2 made this happen and to you guys for your quick responses.

Message 6 of 6