cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone says it needs to be restored

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i plugged my phone in as normal last night and in the early hours i woke to my phone displaying a message stating that it needs to be plugged into itunes and restored.

When plugged into itunes it gives two options, update or restore. Ive tried both options numerous times with no success.

Can anyone advise me on what step to take next?

Its an iphone 6 and I will have had it 2 years in January

Many Thanks

Jo

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Put the phone into DFU mode and reinstall the software.
You can restore your last backup afterwards as this process will wipe the phone completely https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Put the phone into DFU mode and reinstall the software.
You can restore your last backup afterwards as this process will wipe the phone completely https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous did you find the above advice useful or are you still having issues? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3