Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone not working, need a replacement

Jadeliza99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thought I’d ask advice as I’m guessing that a simple give me a new phone won’t work lol. 

Have an iPhone 7plus. It’s totally dead. Storm front said dead, the clever gurus at the Apple shop said dead. I’ve the report from Apple as well. 

So in theory, what’s the less stressful way to get a new phone? I’m on a contract. Now ideally it would be nice to go to the o2 shop and say hello can I have a phone please. It’s a 2 year contract, just over the years manafactors guarantee, but I’ve insurance 

Any advice. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

In that case you’ll have to pay for any repairs I’m afraid.
It’s a risk you take with Apple’s measly warranty compared to other manufacturers.

Unless you took insurance with O2?

In which case, if you call customer service they will help you process a claim. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you have applecare just ask apple to replace it.
O2 will only warrant it for the standard 12 months given by apple.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Jadeliza99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Edited as I haven’t AppleCare. I bought the phone from o2. So have the insurances you get with the phone.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

In that case you’ll have to pay for any repairs I’m afraid.
It’s a risk you take with Apple’s measly warranty compared to other manufacturers.

Unless you took insurance with O2?

In which case, if you call customer service they will help you process a claim. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jadeliza99 If you do have O2 insurance, and are able to make a claim, I think the best you can hope for will be a refurbished phone as a replacement, but that's certainly better than what you have now.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Jadeliza99, please do let us know how you get on with this? Sorry to hear about your iPhone. 😞

Message 6 of 6