cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone buyback/exchange tariff and the iPhone SE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've got an iPhone 6s Plus on the £59 per month tariff that includes insurance and the free upgrade/trade in to upgrade to the newest iPhone when it's released.

Nopw that it seems that Apple are about to released the iPhone 5SE where do I stand with that?

I don't want one of those, I want an iPhone 7 when that comes out, will I be forced to renew/upgrade onto the SE or miss out on my "free" upgrade?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

That offer is still available - if you buy a 6S today on this contract you definitely wont be getting the iPhone 7 on its release day for free.

This is an important distinction to make: the date that OP (or anyone else) took out this contract dictates when they can upgrade for free, not the date that a new handset is released.

You have to wait at least 12 months from purchase. Yes that means you can get the iPhone 7 after 12 months on contract, but that does not necessarily mean you get it when its released.

Message 11 of 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122795 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

The information clearly states 12 months so I am hoping the OP realises that. Of course as it's Refesh I presume the option to pay off the handset early still is applicable

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 13

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Yeah you can still pay the device plan off and upgrade early. As the devices retain a lot of their value it shouldn't be that expensive to do either.
Message 13 of 13