Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XS max - poor signal

BaronVonTeuchtr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just changed from an iphone 6+ to an XS max and my 4g signal at home has dropped from a reliable 2/3 bars to at best 1 bar of 4g, sometimes only 1 bar of 3g, sometimes no data at all ("E")

My carrier settings are O2 33.0. Is this correct?

Thanks 😞 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@BaronVonTeuchtr

I've read a few similar reports so might be an idea to contact Apple for them to run a diagnostic check on the phone, but also check here for any signal issues in your area http://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 125987 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@BaronVonTeuchtr 

There is a bug fix in iOS 12.1 for poor network connectivity, which is available now, so try updating phone software first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 12

BaronVonTeuchtr
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for all the replies, ios 12.1 hasnt improved it 😞

Juystto be clear, it's not wifi, it's mobile data signal that is the problem

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
If no issues showing on the status page I'd definitely get it checked by Apple.
Message 6 of 12

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @BaronVonTeuchtr, let us know if you found out anything new form Apple at all, it'll be interesting to know how you get on with this slight_smile

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi slight_smile
I’ve seen other users with same issue and inline videos about iOS 12.1.1 to fix this soon...
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
or 12.1.2 or 12.1.3 or 12.1.4........ wink
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93989 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions