cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having looked at this and read the spec im not sure how well the iPhone 8 is going to stack up against Samsung, all the changes seem to be around the edge to edge screen and wireless charging which is tech that has ben around for sometime and been adopted already by other devices and manufactures. yes tehy are changing the IPO rating by one notch to make it more resilient to water and weather elements but the real exciting changes will be within IOS11 and what the software inside the guts of the phone will do and how user friendly the phone will be! whats everyone elses thoughts on this??

Apple iPhone 8

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it matters whats under the hood of the iPhone 8, Apple have a fanbase and i'm sure they will flock (like sheep) to purchase it.

What really annoys me about Apple is that they charge premium prices for essentially out-dated specs i.e only quad core, small battery, average camera and not even a HD screen (whats that about in 2017!!).

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree you would think that they would do somthing, i mean if Sony can put HD screens in on mid price android phones you would think that Apple would do something seeing as they charge a massive premium for all handsets... 

Message 3 of 9

mavericke
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous@Anonymous

Maybe we as consumers would have to resist and avoid being a "follower" when chosing a mobile phone. I have been an Apple iphone fan for many years, like many of you out there. However, I am just not convinced that Apple is giving consumers the value for money anymore. 

That is why I have moved to the dark side by using an Android device now.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always flicked between apple and android, however I am a apple person mainly because of my gf being a apple fan and where i work away a lot its easier to facetime each other and she can also keep an eye on my location by find my friends etc 

Message 5 of 9

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can't see any valid arguments here so far; Samsung's premium phones are the same price now; who cares how many cores the CPU has? It's still the fastest handset around. As for the screen, I have both an iPhone 7 plus and a galaxy S6 and the difference means nothing to me. The battery life makes a huge difference though.
We all choose the handset we like best, if I didn't have an iPhone I'd get an HTC U11, but as an all-round phone the iPhone is just hard to beat. It does everything really well and nothing badly. It never lags or stutters, it's crazy fast, beautifully made, the dual camera is brilliant.

With my Beats X headphones it's great; I can walk from one end of our office to the other and leave my phone at my desk and the sound is perfect. A five minute charge will get me all the way home on my commute and they use a lightning cable. Ok, the sound is merely OK but I'm happy with that.

If you think people just buy iPhones to copy others you are greatly mistaken. They are a great all-round package, and alone have great customer service. I will agree wireless charging is cack though, I've had a few android phones with Qi including my S6 and wireless charging sucks.

The new iPhone will be another improved iteration, but I am sure interested in the AR features.... so let's see eh? slight_smile
Message 6 of 9

mavericke
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Honestly, I agree with all of you. I feel that the Apple Iphone is just an overpriced device but I don't seem to be able to get used to the Android OS despite using the s8+ for a month or so. I think I'm sucked too deep into the Apple ecosystem now. Please help!

Message 7 of 9

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@mavericke wrote:

Honestly, I agree with all of you. I feel that the Apple Iphone is just an overpriced device but I don't seem to be able to get used to the Android OS despite using the s8+ for a month or so. I think I'm sucked too deep into the Apple ecosystem now. Please help!

It's not Apple, Samsung, Android or iOS......it's mobile phones that are addictive........be in no doubt, they are in the same class as tobacco, alcohol, drugs and food.

Once you have been sucked in then therapy is the only possible way out, but as with any addiction, willpower is essential.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys we have a mega thread on the latest iPhone news! You can get the latest updates around this event HERE!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9