cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 warrenty

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have taken iPhone 6 Plus into store as it had the multi touch issue (looks like a ghost typing randomly on the screen) this was over 2 weeks ago. The stores systems were down when I initially took it in but left it with them, it then took 5 days b4 it was with the repair centre. I had to then go into store myself to ask what was happening on Friday as I'd heard nothing!!! I was told that even though it's still in warranty that it's going to cost me £250 ish to repair as the speaker is damaged??? Firstly I'm not bothered about the speaker being fixed as I hadn't even noticed it's broken and secondly, this was not the reason for my sending the phone off. All I want is the hardware fault fixing so I can use the damn phone!!! It's still in warranty but I'm being told the warranty is void as the speaker is damaged and is my fault!!! It would appear that the look for other faults just so they can void the warranty even if you don't want the fault they're accusing you of doing correcting!!! I'm being told I'll have to claim on my insurance for £60, it's not the cost, it's the principle!!! A phone less than 12 months old, still in warranty should not have an unrepareable hardware fault and then fob it off just to get money out of me making up a speaker fault which I've not even noticed doesn't work, it worked just fine before o2 got their hands on it!!! Surely this doesn't comply with trading standards???
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's well known that O2's repairers make up faults that don't exist in order to extort money out of customers.
Ask for the phone to be returned untouched and then go to your nearest Apple store who will most likely replace it whilst you are there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As it's still under warranty you should have returned it to Apple directly. Get the phone back and give Apple a call

https://support.apple.com/en-gb

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Incidentally you are writing about iPhone 7 in the title but talking about iPhone 6plus. No matter really if the phone is still under warranty but just pointing it out to avoid confusion

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143451 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's well known that O2's repairers make up faults that don't exist in order to extort money out of customers.
Ask for the phone to be returned untouched and then go to your nearest Apple store who will most likely replace it whilst you are there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another customer that anovo is trying to extort money out of for false claims
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just love this company, must be great fun making up Acronyms for their name. I better pass before the anaesthetic gets me in trouble but please make up some new excuses for charging.... 

https://www.morson.com/anovorecruitment

ANOVO is a market-leading provider of supply chain services.

We provide our customers with exceptional solutions that deliver value, innovation, and a high level of customer satisfaction, supporting over-charging, technically I am not able x devices.

Thats my interpretation anyway! 

These include everything from mobiles and smartphones, to computers, touch screen tablet devices, triple play set top boxes, home gateways, game consoles, e-readers, TVs and printers. 

Message 6 of 6